Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Future Is Bright

The saying 'when one door closes, another one opens' is pretty true. Today I experienced it first-hand. About a month ago I applied to Johnson & Wales University in Northern Florida. I chose that school because they offer culinary arts as a major. I love to cook and experiment with food, so I thought that it would be a good fit for me. My best friend in the whole wide world applied there too so that was an added plus. I've never been to Florida. I thought it would be nice to live down there for a while. But my world came crashing down and shattered into oodles of pieces last week. I received a letter from the school saying that I was denied. As soon as I read those horrible words, I began to get teary eyed. I felt bad. I didn't want to go to school anymore, or eat, or anything. I stayed in my room. However, today my confidence was restored a little. Allegheny University in Meadville, Pennsylvania contacted me. Their Chief Admissions Officer emailed me letting me know that all of my materials were submitted. Then he added that he has a "good feeling" that I'll become an Allegheny Gator really soon. Allegheny was one of my top schools. If I get accepted I'll be the happiest person ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment