Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

Today is May 1st. For high school seniors, the date is significant. It is Decision Day. Today is the day that seniors are supposed to make the final decision on the college or university they plan on attending in the fall. It is one of the days I have been dreading since the beginning of the school year. I have applied for over 10 colleges. However, I was only accepted to two. Of those, I truly want to go to one, but my mother has her own opinion on where I should go. She wants me to go to Albright College. It is a relatively good school. It is private and has a high rank and graduation rate. Albright is in Reading, Pennsylvania. All that is fine I guess, but the tuition for one year is $46,300. I am not sure why but my mother insists and has her heart set on me going there. I want to go to Xavier in Louisiana. They have a 4 out of 5 star psychology program. The school's volleyball team uniform looks nice too. Plus, Louisiana is the home of Mardi Gras. I want to be at Xavier because it will be a fresh start in a completely new environment. Being that far away from home will force me to rely solely on myself. But my mother will not even consider the admission. There is only 2 hours left in the school day, and I still have not made a decision on which school to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment