Friday, May 31, 2013

Final Post

The end of the year is here and I still not media literate. To me, media literacy is being able understand, analyze, and comprehend news in the world around you. I have been in a media literacy class for about 4 months now. I am not literate because I do not listen to the news. I have been trying, but it's hard. I do not watch the news on a daily basis, nor do I read newspapers. I just pick up information from what I hear people talking about or whatever comes across my timeline on Twitter. That is my main problem. Although I do not keep up with news events, I can accurately recognize information that is newsworthy. I know the different news neighborhoods and elements of each. Determining what is news is probably my strongest ability.
Taking this course has showed me that news isn't just major court trials that are always on Nancy Grace. News can be a variety of things. It can be something as simple as Wiz Khalifa becoming a father. I now know that news can be accessed from different places and can cover different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment