Sunday, March 3, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summer Time!

Summer is right around the corner. Ladies bring out your bikinis. Men bring out your swim trunks. I am impatiently waiting for the spring to come and go. I’m too excited for summer 2013. This year I will be 18 in July. That means, PARTY! I plan on going out with my friends to a nightclub for the very first time. Besides my birthday, I am excited for change that is bound to come this summer. My closest friends and I will technically be adults. To me that means responsibility and independence. I’m not too sure about how I will handle either one of the topics, but I am ready to try. I’ve been depending on my mom for pretty much ever. I have recently started doing things for myself, but she is still there to help out from time to time. Having to do major things on my own (buying clothes and food, renting an apartment, doing my hair) will probably be a hassle. I feel that I am prepared in some ways though. I know how to take care of a household, doing things like cleaning, cooking, and paying bills. I already made a budget to manage any money I have coming in. I also know a little something about decorating. I am still worried that having the freedom to do whatever I want will negatively impact me though. No one will be there to make sure that I wake up on time. No one will remind me of the things I need to get done. My mom won’t be on my back when I mess up or get off track. I think that I will be able to overcome any challenge thrown at me, but I won’t have my mother there to pick up the pieces when I fall short. That scares me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment