Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Friends"

It is just registering to me that everyone cannot be trusted. People that you were once close with can (and most likely will) turn on you. When people used to tell me stories about stuff like this, I thought that they did something to turn the person against them and just didn't want to tell me. So when it happened to me, I was astonished. The person was introduced to me by a mutual friend. When they first came around, I was skeptical of them. I made it known immediately. But "our" friend told me to at least give them a try. Although I wasn't comfortable with it, I let my guard down (since my best friend was vouching for them). As time went by, we got closer. They would tell me things, and although they often clashed with other things that were said, I did not call them out or cast judgment. I thought we were actually making some type of progress. Boy was I wrong. About a month or two ago, the person had an attitude. I asked what was wrong, trying to be a caring friend. But I got ignored. It did not just happen once, but at least three times. I stopped asking and stopped caring. The person was also acting flaky towards "our" friend. The person doesn't sit with us or talk to us, or even look at us. Whenever they were asked why they act that way towards me and my best friend, they come up with an excuse (they got worse and less believable each time). I just do not understand how you can be cool with somebody one day, and nothing bad happens, but you're throwing endless shade. It is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment