Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Senioritis

Senioritis (n): an ebbing of motivation and effort by high school seniors as evidenced by tardiness, absences, and lower grades. I thought that senioritis was a myth. I thought is was just an excuse for people to not do their work. But I know it is real. The 2012-2013 school year is quickly winding down. There is only 4 (YES 4) weeks left. And senioritis has set in heavy. I am usually on top of my work. Not saying that I am the best student, or the worst, but I am generally able to get things done. However, I have not been on my game lately. Since winter break, I haven't done any good quality work. I have been doing just enough to get by, and even that isn't working for me. I skimp on assignments and turn in incomplete work. I know it's bad but I am just not motivated anymore. Focusing on school work is becoming more difficult by the day. I am worried more about life after high school, rather than doing what is necessary to get out, and it is being reflected in my grades. Typically, I get B's and high C's. Right now I believe I have at least 2 F's. It is not that I don't understand the material. It is that I'm just not doing it, or I turn in crappy work. With only 21 days left in the school year, I cannot afford to start slacking. I will find a way to cure this case of senioritis because Jonae Hodge will walk across the stage on June 12, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment