Sunday, February 10, 2013

Losing to Gain

Good afternoon world. I have decided to make a change in myself. I recently concluded that it's time for me to lose some weight. We are currently less than three months away from my senior prom. Of course I want to look gorgeous for that. (Whether I lose weight or not, I will still look good.) But I also want to become the healthiest me possible. According to my primary care doctor, I'm "obese". I personally don't think I'm that big but hey. Maybe it's just that my height makes my weight even out. Whatever the case, I should shed a few pounds. I don't think it will be very difficult. My mother is trying to lose weight too. She takes some vitamins or something that her doctor prescribed. The doctor also put her on a diet (they call it a "healthy lifestyle choice"). Since her food choice is limited,  we don't really have snacks in the house anymore. We can't go out to eat often, and we have to get low fat everything. This semester I take PE 1. The class focuses primarily on sports, so I will always be active. I also walk to and from school everyday. That should burn a couple calories. My mom and I are finally coping with portion control. At first it is was hard (and I was always hungry), but it's getting easier as time passes. I think I will be successful because losing weight is something that I actually want to do and I have the support of my mother. Everybody will see the new me on May 3rd. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment